Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Brief intro to My Paranormal World

I've loved fantasy fiction since my brother read The Hobbit to me at age 6. And I adore romance novels, especially happy endings. I've been a dedicated romance reader for many years. A couple years ago I discovered paranormal romances by amazing authors like Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter. Their incredible tales titillated my muse, resulting in the creation of my paranormal series: Immortal Sins.

Welcome to my secret world inhabited by sexy demons, gorgeous werewolves, powerful witches and devilishly delicious vampires.

In my paranormal world, demons, lycae (werewolves), vampires, demons, witches and the Amaranthine live secretly along side humans.

The immortal races warred for thousands of years. The collateral damage of their supernatural warfare was the death of millions of humans. The plague? A witch's curse gone wrong. Earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tsunamis and pandemic diseases? While human history catalogues these events as natural disasters, they've all been a result of the immortal wars. Thirty years ago, after an immortal caused earthquake killed nearly a million humans in China, the gods forced a cease fire upon the races. Sick of their immortal children endangering the lives of their human pets, the gods forced the immortal races to sign a series of treaties.

The treaties called for an immortal council of elders, The Senate, which establishes the Immortal Code. The Code is a collection of laws that govern all the immortal races equally. To break one of these laws leaves the immortal labeled rogue and sentenced to death by the Senate's Tribunal.

The Rogue Enforcement Agency (R.E.A.) carries out the Tribunal's death sentences. A collection of lycae, vampires, witches, demons and Amaranthine, the R.E.A. mercilessly enforces the will of the Senate. No quarter is given to rogues who break the immortal laws.

My stories are the tales of the agents of the R.E.A., as they fight to eradicate rogues and to win the hearts of their mates.

Next post: The Immortal Races

No comments:

Post a Comment